Property Address: 1056 N Main St.
Mount Airy, North Carolina 27030
Contact: Alison Johnson, Broker
Rogers Realty and Auction
1310 EMS Drive
Mount Airy, NC 27030
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Telephone: (336) 429-1411 (mobile); (336) 789-2926 (office)
Contact Toll-free: n/a
Contact Fax: n/a
Property URL: realtor.com
Virtual Tour – NEW!: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=PcAkVkCGisy
Old Houses.com: https://www.oldhouses.com/31307
Date Business Established: n/a
Trade Association Affiliations: n/a
Area Description: Situated in the rolling Piedmont terrain of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Mount Airy, N.C. offers a wide variety of activities:
- 40 minutes south to Winston Salem
- 15 minutes north to the Blue Ridge Parkway
- 10 minutes to the local vineyards of the Yadkin Valley Wine Country
- 10 minute walk down Main St. to shopping and entertainment
- 1 hour from ski resorts, rock climbing, hiking and more
For a relaxing evening stay at home in your masterfully restored and preserved Victorian home with:
- Mountain views from the front gallery, (Approx 900 Sq. Ft.)
- Rear ell’s balcony and courtyard (Approx 800 Sq. Ft) and carriage house balcony.
Whatever you plan there’s always something to do to enjoy your surroundings.
Site Description: The home is nestled under old growth oak trees scattered throughout the property on the crest of Historical Lebanon Hill. Gravel pathways, multiple garden areas, water feature, special nooks, wall grotto with seating area, and historical architecture, lends itself to an experience that is meant to be enjoyed. This warm and inviting historical property offers approx. 8,300 total sq. ft. of usable area and is situated on approx. ¾ of an acre in town. With so much to do around you, it is easy to see how this home has the potential to match up to your or your guest’s expectations.
The property is zoned for multi-purpose use and has ample parking for 6 or more vehicles. Both the front and rear property lines are bound by a street. Although it is on the National Register, it falls under no local historic jurisdiction.
Structural Description: This historical property was built in 1909 and listed on the National Register of Historical Places in 1986. Beginning in 2017 and ending in 2020, an extensive restoration and preservation project was undertaken by the current owners. Now, this masterfully restored and beautifully landscaped historical property with approx. 6,100 total sq. ft. (main house), approx. 1,700 total sq. ft. (carriage house/garage) and approx. 500 total sq. ft. open air (courtyard/patio), is ready for a new owner to bring it into the future either as a:
- Bed and Breakfast
- Entertainment/Event Venue
- On Premise managed Air B&B
- Any other type of venture
From the moment you approach the main entrance of the front gallery, there is an embracing sense of history. The view before you of 5 projecting Victorian styled gables, beveled leaded glass transoms, granite steps and foundation, original wavy glass windows, and other carefully restored architectural details are just the beginning of what awaits you inside.
This beautiful 1 ½ story 5 bedroom, 3 bath Victorian home and Carriage House features:
- 38 foot long central hall with oak floors that stretch from the main entrance to the rear balcony
- A spindled colonnade dividing the hall
- Main floor kitchen with hand crafted cabinetry
- Second floor kitchen (which allows for a 2nd living area)
- Oak fireplace mantels with the original Victorian tile and summer covers
- Oak and heart of pine flooring
- Venetian plaster textured walls
- Antique light fixtures
- Formal parlor
With 5 separate exterior entrances to the home and with the 11 foot wide central hall, you easily transition from inside to out.
Most all of the interior and exterior features are original or period appropriate and have been restored to include modern conveniences.
The property also includes a 3 bay carriage house garage (1009 sq. ft.) with a guest quarters above (which allows for a 3rd separate living area). The guest quarters consist of 1 bedroom 1 bath and a kitchen/den. (691 sq. ft.)
Offering: $569,900. Showings by appointment only
- Occupancy: n/a
- Average Daily Rate: n/a
- Income from Room Sales: n/a
- Property Taxes: n/a
- Electric: n/a
- Water & Sewer: n/a
- Gas: n/a
- Insurance: n/a